Sunday, March 24, 2013

The Easter Bunny Trap

Grace spent the night last night.  It was a “Girls Only Pajama Party”—Olivia, the cat, her and me.  She finally let Gramps be a small part of it.  Grace and I set up the queen size air mattress in her room (aka Wayne’s room only in his mind) and watched Veggie Tales.  Every time the theme song played, Grace sung and danced along—I did too but she knew all the words, I didn't.  We cuddled up on the bed and watched three episodes. 


Just before we watched Veggie Tales, Grace made a “Easter Bunny Trap”.  Well the trap worked on the leprechaun, so Grace thought this would work on the Easter Bunny!  She put carrots in a bowl and put it in the box.

Grace & her Easter Bunny Trap
The only thing about making this trap is that Grace would pop up all through the night to check to see if the bunny got caught.  I would tell her that I checked and he wasn't in it.  Along with Olivia, who got into several things (including the trap) through the night and Grace’s checking on the trap, we all didn't get much sleep.

Of course, you know if the bunny did get caught, to escape, he would need to leave presents.  So, bright and early at 5:00, Grace got up and announced we need to get up.  She checked the trap, no bunny.  I saw her down expression and said, “Maybe if we put the cage up on the desk and left the room, maybe the bunny would come.

Well as luck has it…..when MaMa came with Hunter and their attention was on MaMa, I sneaked into the room and took the bowl of carrots.  I place two Easter bags (I don’t do baskets) full of Easter toys and goodies.  When they came in the room, I drew their attention to the box.

Hunter said, “We did it again, we caught a leprechaun and now the Easter Bunny!”  It was so exciting to see both of them happily checking out their haul!  The chocolate bunny was the first to be eaten.  Hunter organized his hockey cards. Grace loved her “Hello Kitty bunny rabbit”.


Yes it is early but I felt that those two needed a little sunshine and this Nana is happy to oblige! 

And Miss Grace and also Nana got to take a short nap this afternoon!

Sleep tight, Grace Doll....

No comments:

Post a Comment