Tuesday, February 10, 2015

My Knee Part 3

 
Here we go again.  Surgery for a torn meniscus and a floater in the same knee I had a partial replacement and a torn meniscus in before.  Pretty bad when you go in and the nurses know you.  It's good in a way, I like them and we have a good rapport.  Wayne brought his new laptop and worked on some school stuff to pass the time.  We have this down this time--he stopped and got Subway sandwiches for his late lunch and some water.

I started a new book, "Unbroken" by Laura Hillenbrand.  It is the story of Louis Zaperini, an Olympian track medalist and World War II veteran.  I haven't seen the movie but saw an interview with Megan Kelly and Franklin Graham.  Megan noted that the movie only went to a certain chapter and ended there. Franklin told her the remaining chapters told about Louie going to a Billy Graham event and accepting the LORD and his walk with Him.

I guess my curiosity was sparked, so I bought the book and decided that I would read it while waiting for surgery and afterwards. I finished Bill O'Reilly's book on "Killing Patton" and was really bored with it but made it through.  I wasn't looking forward to another WWII book.  I read "Unbroken" and couldn't put it down.  The difference was amazing...sorry, Bill, too much military details in yours, more personal details in Laura's makes a difference!

So I am resting per surgeon's instructions.  I am reading my book, doing a little work on the laptop but not taking a nap or two...yet.

My knee feels so much better!  Last night when I got home I took one pain pill.  At 6:00 this morning, Wayne asked if I needed another, I was overdue for it by two hours.  Since a had just a little pain, I took Extra Strength Tylenol instead.  I hate taking pills, especially pain pills.

I can get up and walk with minor pain but I am behaving.  I'm resisting the temptation to do anything. Tomorrow will be the challenge and I will do my best....but Thursday, I am FREE!  My bike is waiting and I have to go to the mall to exchange something.

I am humbled by the amount of prayers and well wishes I had from friends FaceBook and from my friends outside of FaceBook and one of my church friends praying over me in the worship hall brought peace over me. Thank You, LORD for Your healing  power!  And thanks to my wonderful loving husband, Wayne. The love from my grandchildren, daughters and son-in-law. I am so blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment