![]() |
| Nate, Grace & Hunter |
This year, Annie and I set out to bike in the parade with the grandkids. Great idea if not for the 94+ degree day! I fortunately had a small cooler in my bike basket full of water bottles and ice. We drank all of the water, it was that hot.
![]() |
| Miss Independence |
The parade was so disorganized. One woman, Nancy, was in charge and didn't believe in delegating much less letting her staff know where bikers and walkers where to wait. According to those who do this every year, the story is the same.
When we saw Ms. Tasker just beyond the library, Grace got all excited. After that, she was spent--she had enough and was beet red just like her Nana. Hunter and Nate hung in there well. Nate, Annie and I dropped off Hunter and Grace at Logan's house which was not too far from the finish line where Alison was waiting.
I don't plan on doing this next year unless it is a lot cooler!
![]() |
| Annie and I in a selfie |
![]() |
| Grandmas & Grandkids |
We left just before the fireworks with Misha. Wayne is sensitive to those sounds and so is Misha. Both were happy to get home away from it.
What a day! I was so tired and drained but it was great to spend the time with the grandkids and family later.




No comments:
Post a Comment