Monday, February 22, 2016

Volunteering in Grace's Class

Penguins!

Grace and Papa on her birthday in class

OMG! She is a pre-teen!
I have been volunteering in Grace's and Hunter's class this year and loving it!  I do "gopher work" like copying, cutting, pasting, etc. in Grace's class.  In Hunter's class, I have been helping with Math and Biology--both my favorite subjects along with Art. 

I love interacting with the kids and not just Hunter or Grace.  I have noticed a little jealousy on Grace's part but she soon gets over it.  She told me that it is making it easier in the class when I am there.  The trouble makers behave since I make a point of talking with them.

Hunter appears to like that I help--he hugs me publicly...that's how I know.

Alison doesn't want me going beyond t he 3rd grade in helping with the kid's classes.  Okay but I am still going to volunteer in 1st and 3rd grade regardless.  I'm hooked!  AND I will teach Art to Hunter and Grace's classes as well unless they tell me not to....but I don't see that happening now.

No comments:

Post a Comment