Sunday, May 4, 2014

Larry's Birthday Party

Since January, Alison has been keeping secret Larry's surprise party which happened yesterday.  It was a fun party and it was great meeting Larry and Alison's friends whom I haven't seen since their wedding.  The grandkids had a blast.  Grace was so excited to see her Uncle Dan and Carlos, she had to go outside to scream.  What a character!  Wayne did socialize and then he retreated to the living room with another not so social person. I checked him every so often and he was jabber jawing so--he was good and I got to socialize.  Yes, I probably shouldn't have had four drinks (Vodka and something mango).  To tell the truth, the first one, Carlos made and it was a little strong.  The second and third just had more Sprite added until it was just Sprite.  Sorry, Alison, I led you to believe Mom was really packing in the alcohol.  I was after all going to have my grandkids spent the night after the party.  I couldn't let Wayne handle it alone. :)


Alison & me
A rare thing--a picture of Alison and me!  Thanks, Chris for taking it.  The only picture I have of us dates way back to her wedding and unfortunately, it looks forced and not natural.  We both had our first drink and yes, we looked natural.  Love the photo and yes, I am getting it enlarged!

Wayne & Misha chilling 
Toward the end of the evening, Misha had enough.  She jumped up on Wayne and stayed there for a good part of the evening until she moved to under the food table where she didn't look happy at all.  We took the kids and her home with us and she was the first to crash.  The kids fell asleep shortly after her.

Great party, great night--it was so heartwarming to see Larry and Alison happy together.

No comments:

Post a Comment