Celebrating our 8 1/2 Wedding Anniversary at the beach at our favorite spot--Elizabeth St. Inn! It was gorgeous both days that we were there. We traveled up and down the coast but mostly stayed in Newport. There is an art village just down the road from the hotel-Nye Beach. Love it! We meandered in and out of the shops and ended up at my favorite eating place--Nana's Irish Pub. No, I didn't stay on my diet plan--I had the chicken pot pie with soda bread--yummm! One of my favs besides shepherd's pie.
Fortunately, we walked down to the shops and had to walk back. I think I burned off maybe 100 of the mega amount of calories I ate that day! When we got back to the hotel, they had homemade chocolate chip cookies at 8pm. Hmmm....can't stay no to a homemade chocolate chip cookie. Couldn't eat just one--so four made their way to my stomach--waist--hips--thighs. Sigh. More walks on the beach the next day.
We will celebrate our 9th marriage anniversary in November. We got married November 4 and then had a wedding May 6--so I have two anniversaries! Two trips to the beach--two presents--two celebrations!!
Wayne and I had a relaxing time at the beach--love that man! and looking forward to another celebration!
![]() |
| The view from our room! |


No comments:
Post a Comment