Yesterday late Alison texted me to see if I want to go to Mom's Day dinner and wine in town. Looking at the chimichanga that I just warmed up for Wayne and me, I decided time with my daughter would be a heck of alot better than this dish.
So, Alison picked me up and we went to Pudding River Chocolate and Wine. I didn't know that they did dinner or lunch for that matter. Alison's friend, Alison was there working and talking to her parents who stopped in and visited. The small cafe was quiet and comfy. It was just Alison and me for awhile then one by one people came in.
The dinner was beef storganoff which I wasn't into. So, instead we had appetizers--cheese, crackers, almonds, wrapped asparagus spears and wine. It was delish and I enjoyed the time with Alison. Seems we are both so busy when we talk it is limited to one or two sentences. So, it was nice to catch up.
I find that the older I get, the more I enjoy time with someone--whether family or friends or even a stranger. Material items are nice but time is priceless.
My actual Mom's Day will be quiet. I sent my mom a gift card to her favorite restaurant, Red Lobster. There was enough on it to pay for her driver (my sister) and Mom's lunch. They even have enough left over on the card to get another lunch some other time. My mom is hard to shop for--she has everything. One thing she needs is some weight on her--too bad that I can't ship a few of my pounds to her! I will call her Sunday like I have been doing for years. She likes to hear my voice--I know how she feels. Texting doesn't hold a candle to a phone call or time with someone you love.
No comments:
Post a Comment