Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Overwhelmed

I've gone through another surgery.  This one is the worse!  The surgeon said it would be painful and he was right.  Removal of two external hemorrhoids hasn't been a walk in the park.  I have to remind myself that it has only been a week.  Energy is hard to come back and I have so much to do!

Today was hard.  I hate taking pain meds and only take it when all else fails.  So, I took one an hour ago.  I am better but drowsy so, Wayne will drive me to pick up the kids from school in an hour.  I miss them something fierce.  Before my doctor's visit today, we stopped by and I got hugs and loves from them.  Love those small gifts!

Finding out that Mom has cancer has knocked me for a loop too.  She called today wondering how I was.  My Aunt Hilda called this week after seeing my post about Mom's cancer.  Good to hear from her but my dam broke and the tears fell.  I told Hilda about my operation which she said is the worse operation to go through.  So, she must have called Mom and told her I was in pain.

Mom finally told m that her family doctor reviewed her ultrasound results and said it is likely cancer.  It took a lot to get that out of my mother.  I kept asking about what he said and she brushed it off as her doctor is always pessimistic. 

I tried to comfort her and say that it could be a fibroid tumor--which it could be.  I don't know if they took a biopsy so, with no biopsy, it could be.  Praying it is.  She goes to see a GYN surgeon on October 6.  She will have a flurry of tests as well.

I have been debating whether to go down when her surgery is scheduled or wait.  I surprised myself when I told her that I would be there when she goes into surgery.  Guess that is it, I wanted the LORD to direct me on the decision....didn't realize He would be my mouthpiece!

I am a person who analyzes things to death.  Determining "what ifs" and scenarios are my specialty when it comes to crisis management.  However, I have been fighting that urge to try to be in control and ready.  Instead, as I say to myself, "I will cast my cares on You."  The LORD has pointed out to me over and over since I found out about Mom that I need to let go and let Him take charge and rest in His Peace.  Not an easy thing for me but I am trying.

I know that I have to heal my body before flying down to Florida.  I wanted Mom to see the doctor early but the LORD provided the 6th of October for now.  Oddly enough I just saw my surgeon today and he said in three weeks I should be feeling back to normal.  Three weeks is October 14.  I pray that Mom gets in surgery right away and that I can be there in time....the LORD has this.

In the meantime, I am fighting depression but learning to "Cast all my cares on Him".  My wounds are still healing and so, I will trust Him to heal me and then I can be a help to my Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment