Monday, April 25, 2016

Been Awhile

So, my surgery on my thumb went well--the recovery was the pits!  My right hand was useless for eight weeks.  Today I have the small wrist brace on.  It comes off tomorrow--I am estactic!  Freedom at last!  Though I have not been a good patient when I received the brace.  It was easy to take it off and do more but alas, my thumb after awhile would object.

The brace is much better then the casts I received.  In eight weeks, I have more respect for my right hand, learned how to use my left hand more and used all my four fingers on my right hand in place of my thumb.

Granted I push the envelope or in my case, my thumb, by writing, typing and today sewing longer than I should.  It is okay--my body and mind sometimes disconnect and I feel I am superwoman....that thought process ends as soon as the reality hits.

It feels good to be able to do more with my right hand and yes, I will push it just like I always do!

No comments:

Post a Comment