Sunday, June 24, 2012

Forgiveness

Seems the older I get the more I want to make amends.  Lately, I have been reminded of past hurts and shortcomings by others and myself.  Forgiveness is so easy by the Lord, but us humans, such a trial to get to completion.  I have forgiven the Baptist Church and Lee Wiegand for all the pain brought on Alison and me.  It has been a hard road to this forgiveness, I have held on, let go, picked up, held on tighter but this year with Debbi Wiegand's death, I have truly forgiven Lee and the church.  To see him in such pain at the loss of his wife brought about how senseless the struggle with forgiveness was.

With that said, I find it hard to forgive me for allowing all that pain to fall on Alison.  If only I had waken up to what was going on, Larry and Alison would have had a better relationship. If only the wounds would heal and I could be free of the guilt.  I pray Lord that you take away all this guilt.  Give me peace knowing that You will heal the hurt that Alison still carries, that she will trust in You again.  Also, I pray for Larry to find Your Mercy in all this and grow in You.

No comments:

Post a Comment