Sunday, June 24, 2012

Hunter

Ok, I made it through two posts without saying anything about my wonderful grand kids.  BUT, I find I want to do just that!  Hunter is five years old and is my little man.  He has grown up so much in the past five years.  He looks like 8 and I have to remind myself he is five.  Hunter is sensitive to all that is going on.  If he sees a girl or boy not interacting with the group, he is first to befriend them and try to get them to join in.  He isn't shy in the least.  I was at the playground with Grace and him the other day.  He was interacting with some older boys and my "Nana-protection alert" was on.  I had to force myself to back away and just observe.  He was just fine.

Hunter has a passion about heaven and Jesus--he wants to be sure everyone he loves is going there.  He learned this in preschool and lately he has reminded me that I am not to go to heaven until I am really really really old.  Hunter's latest thing is chess.  We play but it is mostly him advising me on what moves to make.  Larry and him have started playing chess online to bridge the gap of distance there.  I am certain that Larry is really impressed with his son's chess skills.  Thank You, Lord for this gift.  I have been concerned about Hunter when Papa leaves.  What a wonderful way to share some time with him!

I love this little guy with all my heart and love it when he greets me with a big smile and a big warm hug!  It's like winning the lottery every day of your life.  I am so blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment