Leslea came to visit from the 16th to the 19th. Granted it wasn't too long a visit but that didn't stop us from packing in alot!I feel like I have ran a marathon! She got in late on the 16th and the following day, Friday we had the grandchildren. Hunter and Grace were so excited to see her! She went to Hunter's Kindergarten that morning with Gramps. It is an honor to be in the classroom and I am sure Leslea felt that. Hunter was happy to have her there as well.
We went to lunch at Burgerville and then headed to the Children's Museum in Portland. It was a blast! I have never been there but the kids have. It was a good thing that we had three adults with the two kids! Grace and Hunter knew the layout and were running every where! It was an aerobic activity (good after the Burgerville lunch).
Grace and I headed to the clay room where Grace created an awesome clay cat face but was disappointed that she couldn't paint it. The clay needed to dry so, we painted three days later.
Both of the kids had a blast in the grocery store and the veterinary clinic. Hunter loved the theatre, pushing the buttons and playing the drums. Leslea went with the kids in the maze outside. We all totally enjoyed our time!On Saturday, Larry dropped off the kids and we were off again! This time south to Salem and the Discovery Village. A village of decorated houses with things to do inside each one geared to kids.
Water, water, bubbles, the kids were having alot of fun! We got our exercise by just keeping up with them and keeping them in our sights.
There was an outdoor covered play structure which Grace and Hunter loved. We sent Leslea in with them since we had had enough exercise and she was more than willing.
We left and headed to Red Robin for lunch. Yes, my diet is shot! I had told the kids that it was Aunt Leslea's birthday and that we would celebrate at Red Robin but keep it secret. And they did.We ate and then what Wayne calls "Public Humiliation" happened. The waiters/waitresses came over and sung "Happy Birthday" and gave Leslea some ice cream which the kids loved to help with.
Having my share of the calories, I declined any ice cream. The next stop, Toys-R-Us. The kids were given money from Uncle Bob to spend on anything they wanted. They were thrilled! Grace found some little Pet Shoppe animals that she had to have and Hunter found a Star Wars Lego set that was a little more than he had so, Nana and Gramps to the rescue! He had enough money after we added a few bucks.They loved the gifts and clamped onto them in the car. I told them that they can't open them in the car and they complied. In the car on the way home, they both fell asleep clucthing onto to their gifts.
Sunday morning, Leslea and Wayne went to visit her grandparents. Leslea and I had a one o'clock manicure and pedicure. I knew I should have gone with them but I wanted to go to church since it had been so long since we went.
They stayed longer than anticipated but it was good, I was there for my mani-pedi and started early, Leslea joined me late. It was my Mother's Day gift from her and I so appreciated it!
We finished that and while we were there, Wayne cooked our early dinner--his spaghetti. It was delish and much better than another fast food restaurant meal! Then off to the airport with a side visit to say good-bye to the kids. Hugs, loves and goodbyes.
It was fast paced but the grandkids and we really enjoyed Leslea's visit. Next time she will bring Bob and maybe we won't be so rushed.....maybe...better get my rest now!



No comments:
Post a Comment