Dear FaceBook,
I am rethinking my involvement with you. Sure, you are great to catch up with people I haven't seen in years but I have caught up enough. I used to check you numerous times a day to see any new posts from Alison about the grandkids and from Leslea about life in Utah. Well, lately neither of my gals have done much on you.
Don't even get me started on your addictive games--I have no time for those! Life is about interacting with real people in real time in real presence not online. Yes, I will check occasionally but I have better things to do with my time. I will limit my time with you to the bare minimum.
Change is in the air for my daughter and I would rather be there 110% for her and the kids. Those that miss me on you will call or email. I will not be posting any family photos either, so get used to it. I can email those to those who care.
I bought a new phone and I did not put your app on it....and I haven't missed you! Sure, the first couple of days of withdrawal had their moments but I got over you. And my data charges are much much lower! Cha-Ching! Saving money here!
Yes, I will continue to be the FaceBook guru for Special Olympics Clackamas County--only because that is a great marketing tool and requires a couple of hours on the weekend at the most. It is for a worthy cause.
What am I going to do without your constant presence? Connect in person with my friends, family and neighbors! Spend more time with my grandchildren, read some books, get some projects done, spend more time in the garden with Wayne to note a few things.
Hear that sound? Clip, Clip, Clip! That is me cutting the strings to you--chow baby!
No comments:
Post a Comment