Monday, May 27, 2013

Memorial Day-My Hubby

Sgt. Wayne A. Lund, USMC

Sigh, I love a man in uniform!  I put together a Marine Scrapbook for Wayne and it is impressive of his service.

Here are the highlights:

There is a picture of him and his CH-53D Helicopter (YW-15).  Sgt. Quinonez and he airlift recovered a HH-3 Jolly Green for the US Air Force parked on the side of a slope below the Landing Zone and a Letter of Appreciation from the Dept of Air Force.

He flew humanitarian aid in the Philippines, Natonin Mountain Province.  He survived a couple of helicopter crashes. The newspaper story of the crashed helicopter is in the scrapbook.

He was assigned to First Cruise from Okinawa, Japan in 1970 abroad the USS Iwo Jima LPH-2 to Vietnam and other ports of call.

He supported landing exercises from the USS Okinawa before Westpac Deployment.

Many certificates of appreciation and articles about the helicopters he flew in.

Wayne has been all over the world and alot of places he can't talk about.  I am so proud of him and am so glad I married him.  It is so wonderful having someone who values honor, courage, faithfulness, pride in country, patriotism and the list goes on.  These are the values that all veterans hold dear.

yes....I love my man in uniform!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment