Sunday, March 1, 2015

Grandparents Day

Grandparents Day was wonderful as always!  Wayne and I got to be in both of the grandkid's classrooms.  Grace was so excited to be able to go to Hunter's class.  We had her that morning and the only way to make this work was to take her to Hunter's class.

We did a project in Hunter's class, met his classmates and had lunch. Grace was beaming the whole time.  Seeing the work that Hunter has been doing, I was proud of how smart he is.

Yes, I'm his little sister and so proud to be here!

In Hunter's classroom, feeling the love.

So proud of my loves.
In Grace's class, we did another project and Mrs. Tasker read a book about grandparents and memories. Pretty good book about a little boy who helps out at an elder care facility and tries to help one little old lady find her memories by giving her his keepsakes from his collection of memories.

There were four kids who didn't have a grandparent there.  One was Elli. Elli is always coming up to hug both Wayne and I.  Wayne is known as "Gracie's Gramps" and I am known as "Gracie's Gramps' Nana" by the kids. I love it!

We went to the book fair and let both Grace and Elli pick out one book and we paid for it.  Elli picked out one on dinosaurs and was beaming as she walked down the hall to her classroom clutching her book to her chest.

We thoroughly enjoyed Grandparents Day!

Us, Grace, and our "adopted grand-daughter" for a day, Elli.

Add caption

Elli getting frustrated trying to read the book we bought her.

No comments:

Post a Comment