Sunday, March 1, 2015

Seattle!

We got away for a couple of days to Seattle and it was a blast!  I must admit that I wasn't so into going but I am glad we did.  

We stayed a block away from the Space Needle, Chuhuly Gardens and the NW Science Center. The weather was wet but not to bad--no down pours. The first night we were there, we were beat!  Flying in a prop plane, stress of finding the rental and then finding the hotel was too much, so we just stayed in that night.  

What On Earth Am I Doing!!
On Friday, we walked all the way down to Pike's Place--a three mile hike.

We were fine until we had to go down a steep hill to the seafront.  Our knees, hips and backs were hurting.  I wasn't that impressed with the market though I bought a bag of no sugar added dried cherries and pistachios for the plane back.

View from the Space Needle
We made it back and ate at Subway.  After lunch, we headed to the Space Needle.  Mind you, both of us are deathly afraid of heights.  We both decided to overcome it and go up the Needle.  It wasn't too bad until toward the end of our stay up there.  I got a little vertigo on the deck and we had to head inside.

On top of the Space Needle

The next stop was Chuhuly's Glass Garden.  Chuhuly is one of my favorite artists and I love his work.  I was like a kid in a candy shoppe--I took so many pictures of this work.  Dang, I wish I brought my real camera but my cell phone didn't do too bad even in the dark rooms.
At my favorite part of the trip-Chihuly Exhibit!








We also visited the NW Science Center--definitely a place where the grandkids would love.  Since we have an OMSI membership, this was free.

We had a fantastic time getting away from it all!





No comments:

Post a Comment