| Aunt Lucy in Ireland with me. |
Dad fought salvation tooth and nail. We got the call to come to Florida to pull the plug. Alison was ten years old at that time. Dad was in ICU and we only got five minutes twice a day. On one of those times, Alison, Mom and me were at Dad's side when Dad was in such pain. Alison reached over and held his hand and said, "Grandpa, if you would let Jesus in your heart, He will take away all the pain." Dad started crying and nodding his head. He couldn't speak because of the tube in his throat but I know he accepted Jesus. Alison fainted at that point and the doctor came in. The doctor was so upset to see Alison--"this child is not allowed in ICU--how did this happen?" Well, we know what happened and the dear doctor was not in charge.....and I am grateful.
![]() |
| Dad & me. |
When I left the hospital for the last time, I saw my dad sitting there so frail and I had to give him up to Jesus. Two weeks after that, I was talking to someone in the parking lot of the church. I had told this person that if my dad passed away right now, I would know where he would be--heaven. I always prayed I would know.
When I got home and received the call that dad had passed. I asked when it happened. The time he went to heaven corresponded with the time I was talking in the parking lot. God is good!
And this is Easter week. Christ died a brutal death for my sins. I am so humbled. The ultimate sacrifice for us. I serve a risen Savior--He is risen, He is risen indeed!


No comments:
Post a Comment