Saturday, April 4, 2015

Busy Day!

This morning, I slept until 8 o'clock--it was wonderful!  The only drawback to this long sleep is that I get a late start on my day.

I set three goals for today: clean the house for Easter Sunday (family coming over), swim 1000 yards, and get going on my paintings.

SUCCESS!  Nailed all three!

The house is as clean as it will get, enough said on that.  Wayne still has to vacuum--he still has some hours left in the day to do so.  However, he will probably wait until tomorrow morning just before Larry, Alison and the kids come.  He has replaced the faucet in the main bathroom sink, so, I can't get too upset.

I went swimming and did my 1000 yards.  This is the data:

Distance:1,000 yd
Pool Length:25 yd
Time:36:06
Avg Pace:3:09 min/100 yd
Calories:238 C
Avg SWOLF  :65
I love swimming!  There is that wonderful feeling when I go into the water.  Just feels right. I must be part fish!  I just lose myself in the water.  My thoughts go to songs of praise and I lose time.  I love it!  It is the best therapy!

My third goal--painting.  I started two paintings. One each of each of my cats, Olivia and Sam.  I needed something for my bedroom wall and have been thinking of doing their portraits.  They are both getting on in age and it is my way of keeping them around for a long time.

I noticed that I needed more paint and brushes.  Another trip to Michaels, oh well, at least there is a good sale.

I worked on each for an hour.  Again I got lost in my thoughts and the paintings. An hour is enough. The paint has to dry for more details on both.  I have a ways to go but here they are so far.

Olivia & Sam unfinished portraits
I'm done for the day.  Tomorrow, I will work on the school's yearbook and some TOPS decorations and do a little more on my paintings.  Three goals are  manageable on my time table.  So great to accomplish something!

No comments:

Post a Comment