The other day, Vanessa, my brother’s ex-wife posted a comment about the rioters in Baltimore:
“Listen President Obama if those kids were my kids they wouldn't have the police after them Cuz like that mom in the yellow shirt I'd be beating their asses! And yes my kids grew up in poverty and with a POS absent dad. I took personal responsibility and accountability and my children are made to do so also.”
The part that upset me was about the POS (piece of shit) absent dad. Ouch! Yes, my brother raised his son not his daughter and was drunk most of the time….but seeing that in print hit hard.
Jim originally had custody of both kids but soon gave into Vanessa for her to have his daughter.
I remember literally crying to my brother to give up drinking and be a good dad. Reminded me of the same conversation with my dad—that didn’t go well either.
Sigh, there are faults on both sides of the side with my brother but the only one that concerns me is Jim’s side. I pray for Jim every day and hope that he can find the LORD and straighten out his life—that is the best I can do for him.
No comments:
Post a Comment