Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Falling Down

On Thursday, September 13, Wayne and I were walking by the old Wilco Farm Store when I tripped, literally flew and landed on the left side of my head.  The result was a concussion, a bloody goose egg shape on my forehead, scrapped knees and wrists.  Wayne said that my arms were behind me and I landed full force on my head—I didn’t pass out, that was amazing.  The school crossing monitor from Lee School came running to our aid. 

We decided to continue walking but I didn’t get too far.  I had to sit down on the steps of the Canby Evangelical Church.  I couldn’t go any further.  I sent Wayne for the car, called Alison and then called Kaiser to see what to do.  The gal said that since I didn’t pass out just to watch and make sure I wake up during the night every two hours.

I made it home and just rested the rest of the day—not much choice there, my body refused to do much else.  The ice pack was my friend along with Tylenol.

That night I was getting up at 3:15 since my cell phone alarm went off.  The world was spinning when I tried to get up.  OK, maybe I got up too fast.  I went to the bathroom when the world settled and then back to bed.  Laying down, the world spun faster!  I called Kaiser and they tried to find me an appointment that morning (note: it is 3:30am).  I finally said I would go to the emergency room.  I had Wayne get my clothes and he sat next to me with them.  I sat up and the world went on fast spin—I held onto Wayne scared to death.  I don’t think that I have ever been that scared!  The spinning wouldn’t stop and the more I tried the more my body was spinning along with the spinning world.

Wayne called 911.  I was so grateful that he didn’t take his muscle relaxers for his back that day!  I was even more thankful that he was there.  The EMTs came in and fortunately, Wayne had dressed me before they came.  The world was still spinning when they transported me in the ambulance.  Well, I can mark that off my bucket list—an ambulance ride! 

My tests came out good and I was released to home.  The first thing I did was text friends and family and post on FaceBook.  I should have read my doctor’s instructions which said no computer and no texting!  I was instantly nauseated and threw up.

So, that day, I slept most of the day and had a lot of quiet time with the LORD.  I have been the victim of the “tyranny of the urgent”.  My life has been so busy that there is little time for my quiet time with Him and I was feeling it. 

So, He does work out things, I feel spiritually refreshed.  I limit my computer and text time.  I prefer one on one in person or on the phone.  Time is precious, use it wisely. Lessons learned while my world spun around me and the LORD stopped it to get my attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment