Monday, September 3, 2012

Finally!!!

Yesterday and today I FINALLY accomplished something!  This has been hard to do with Wayne home.  I know he means well but it seems I will start something and then he wants to do something else.  I have been concerned about his depression, so, I stop what I am doing, put it aside and we do what he wants. 

Yesterday, Wayne had the insane idea to scrape and paint the trim above the house.  It really needs it and I hate heights and actually he has vertigo.  We don't know anyone who will help us, so, Wayne went on the roof to attempt to do this despite my protests.  I decided that I should busy myself with cleaning the garage just in case he might need my assistance.  True to form, I saw the scraper fly off the roof and Wayne hollering at me.  His vertigo was getting to him and I had to steady the ladder while he got down.  I had him sit down and stay down while I finished cleaning the garage.  It was great to accomplish my task but we still have the painting to do--guess I will have to pay someone to do it before the rains, I'll check Craigslist.

With Wayne finding his ground zero, the tomatoes we picked last week were letting me know that they are getting too ripe and I decided to can stewed tomatoes.  I had three zucchini too.  I did a canner full of quarts of stewed tomatoes and 4 loaves of chocolate zucchini bread which ended up in the freezer after we tested a slice of it.

Wayne found his bearings and made spaghetti--thanks Dear Hubby!  After spending all that time in the kitchen, I was glad to rest.  But, I wasn't idle, I started knitting Grace's "Perry Hat".  Perry is a platypus on a cartoon that Hunter and her watch.  Grace wants to dress up as Perry but his hat needs some modification from dull brown to pink with sparkles on it.  So, Nana is knitting to her specifications :)

Today, Monday, I cleaned out Grace's(actually a small portion is Wayne's) room/closet, my walk in closet, a few files, and the kitchen pantry!  I wanted to get a thorough clean of the house before I become the "Nana Bus".  Feels good.  So, I started after our morning walk.

Wayne did the mistake of suggesting that we visit relatives in St. Helens (we visited them two and half weeks ago!).  To which I said, "No!  I need to get stuff done at the house, you can go if you want, I really have to get stuff done."  Fortunately, he saw the desperation in my face.  I think he has felt my frustration about not getting anything done.

Tomorrow, we are going to pick up a couple of cases of tomatoes and can stewed tomatoes and salsa!  That should do it for the season.  I will can here and there but small amounts. 

Wayne has an interview Wednesday with a promising company, I pray that they hire him.  He fits the job perfectly!  It is temporary.  However, he is happiest working not being bored at home.

Here's praying!!

No comments:

Post a Comment