Friday, September 28, 2012

Working Out and Working Things Out

Today, I worked out at the gym!  It has been over two weeks since my fall and I am so happy to get back to my workout.  I also walked a mile with my cane.  I can see that this cane and I will part ways soon.  I have given up my toning shoes—they rock too much and I get light headed—not good.  Flat shoes will be the norm until I can ease back into them.

It feels so good to be in motion!  I look forward to a regular schedule soon.  Next week is Leslea and Bob’s wedding in Utah.  Hopefully, I can get some walking in. 

Yesterday, I had lunch with two former sisters-in-law, Bonnie and Shirley.  It was so good to spend some time with them.  Alison and the grandkids joined us too.   I love my hugs from them when they see me.  The blessings in my life come in little arms hugging me J  We reminisced.  I followed Shirley and Bonnie to see Shirley’s property that she is building on.  It isn’t too far from me and I found out that a friend, Frankie Kraxberger is their neighbor—small world.

I am trying not to become overwhelmed with the trip coming and having to get my house ready for company.  It is sometimes a losing battle. 

The reception has me stressing.  It is not the actual event, it is the people coming—mainly on hubby’s side who happen to believe his ex-wife’s lies about Wayne and I.  I hate having to be “on guard” because anything I say and do will get back to her.  It is bad enough that she is always trying to mess up everything but what hurts are those few Wayne’s siblings who still side with her knowing him as well as they do.  Besides, people—it has been 10 YEARS since the divorce, get over it!  We have. 

Another big possibility is that his ex will show up and create a scene.  Leslea and Bob don’t want her there and will call the police if she comes.  Still, that is something that hangs in the air.  Part of me feels sorry for her and her situation but reality tells me that she has created her situation and actually enjoys making others miserable.  Too bad because her life could be a lot nicer than drowning in this misery and control.

Enough of that.  Once again, I give it to you LORD.  I am horrible about taking it back every now and then, forgive me, I am slowly learning but I am still not a good student—thank You for loving me regardless.

No comments:

Post a Comment