Tuesday morning, we got up and I ran an hour of errands, one which was to get two cases of tomatoes. The plan was to can these but this morning I woke up thinking about the trim above the garage. Dang, we can't afford to pay someone to paint, so, I came to realize that I have to bite the bullet and do it myself.
Note to self: You are afraid of heights! Ok, not the smartest thing but a girl's gotta do what a girl has to do! So, I told Wayne and he reluctantly brought the ladder and positioned it for me. He handed me a power sander and the next thing I know I am climbing up the ladder shaking and Wayne is steadying it for me.
I was shaking more from nerves than the sander and I managed to get to three feet from the top of the trim. My tendonitis prevented me (as well as nerves) from reaching that far above my head. Sigh. I got on the roof to do the sub-roof sanding, scooting my but up the roof. Our neighbor, Lynn, across the street saw me up there and Wayne down below keeping an eye out for me. He shouted that he thought he'd never see the day! I shouted back me neither but Wayne has vertigo and I don't know why I am up here since I am afraid of heights!! His son and him just laughed. I yelled that I couldn't get to the peak and will have to leave that for now. His son looked up and starting running across the street telling us that he would do that for us! Bless him! I was so happy and got down from the roof. It took him no time and he was done. I am so thankful! I didn't want to ask Larry to do it since he is so busy remodeling their home to sell. Thank you LORD!
Then it was on to the tomatoes. Wayne peeled them for me as I chopped for salsa. I canned 11 quarts of stewed tomatoes and 24 pints of salsa! I finished about 8:00 that night and literally collapsed on the bed asleep.
The next day, the kids came over while Larry worked on their house. I got a long hug from my little man, Hunter--he held on for the longest time. Ahhh...just what Nana needed most! Grace proceeded to tell me that she was sick. Wayne had left for a job interview and test that would take all morning. I appreciated my time with the kids. They always lift my spirits. We played and then I brought in their old kitchen. They love it! They hadn't seen it in such a long time. Grace picked up the pretend cell phone and dailed "911" and she said to the cell phone, "I have pizza for you to pick up!" OK, she knows 911, I guess we better tell her it is not for pizza.
Wayne came home exhausted. I was exhausted stressing about what he was going through. Time will tell if he gets the job. He enjoyed having the kids there. He did puzzles with both of them and played baseball. Grace hit the ball twice way out to the street--she was good, she didn't go after the ball. Nana had to and so we faced her another direction to hit the ball--into the bushes!
So, I am beat again, though I enjoyed the time with the kids. I feel overwhelmed with Special Olympics starting this Saturday. Today is the deadline for the athletes to get their medicals in--I have 7 that don't have them in and tomorrow I find out which ones I have to call and tell them that they can't bowl. I hate that part! But I have 18 bowlers on a waiting list that have the medicals in but I reached 87 (2 above my limit) before they did. Tomorrow is another day, I will worry about that then.
No comments:
Post a Comment