She held my hand because she didn't want me to fall like I did the day before. She actually pulled me along since she was a girl on a mission!
At Build-A-Bear she found a "raccoon" which actually was a red panda. I thought it was a raccoon too. Grace said it was a raccoon and that is what it is--a raccoon! She waited patiently in line for her raccoon to get stuffed. She selected a strawberry scent and a heart to place inside the raccoon before the gal sewed up the critter. She held the little heart for the longest time--she was told to make a big wish and then put it in the raccoon. It must have been a huge one because she stood there with her heart and closed her eyes whispering which we couldn't understand. She kissed the heart and put it in.
I didn't plan on buying any clothes but Grace really wanted a little purple shirt. She said, "It says Cute Chick, Nana!" Hmmm.... Grace revealed that she does know how to read. She usually says, "I don't need to know how to read because my brother reads to me." BUSTED :)
Our date continued with finding the M&Ms machine and putting a quarter in it for a small (and I mean small) handful of M&Ms. We went to get our smoothie at Jamba Juice. Grace brought out "Cutie Raccoon" to sit with us. The name changed later to "Strawberry" because of the strawberry scent inside her.
Our date continued with finding the M&Ms machine and putting a quarter in it for a small (and I mean small) handful of M&Ms. We went to get our smoothie at Jamba Juice. Grace brought out "Cutie Raccoon" to sit with us. The name changed later to "Strawberry" because of the strawberry scent inside her.
Next stop, the fish
then the playground. At the fish pond, I gave her a penny which she knew to make a wish and throw it in. Again, a long long wish with eyes closed and fingers wrapped tightly over the shiny penny before tossing it in.
It was super crowded at the indoor playground but she loved playing mostly by herself. When we were done, she rode one of the little rides there. I found that 75 cents doesn't get much time on a ride as before.
We had an awesome date!! I love spending time with Hunter and her! When we got back, I told Hunter to think about where he wants to go on our date--just him and me. He quickly answered, "The Fun Center!" And added with a big smile, "Start saving your money, Nana!" Gotta love my boy!
So, Nana is saving her money for our date. And it will be priceless! I want to be able to do this for each of them once a month. Time passes too fast and I want to enjoy each moment I can with them! Love you, Hunter and Grace!


No comments:
Post a Comment