Another sign of getting old...I am getting re-acquainted with pavement.
We were taking the kids and Misha for her walk. All was fine until we got to the crosswalk. Wayne was ahead with Hunter and Misha. They had reached the field beyond the crosswalk. Grace and I were just crossing the crosswalk. There was alot of traffic because of the soccer games happening at Trost where we were heading. Grace had my hand and I was carrying a backpack on my back which had four full bottles of water (one each and one for Misha). Alot of weight back there and it didn't help when I tripped on a crack and fell toward the pavement. I was too busy making sure Grace had my hand. Thank goodness, Miss Grace grabbed me as I fell. It was amazing what strength she had! I was off balance with the backpack and trying to hang onto Grace. In seconds I saw Wayne running toward me and I worried where Hunter was when I saw him standing in the field with Misha with a concerned look on his face. Kaboom! I met the pavement! This time my hands stopped me and I scraped my knees pretty badly--my head was spared. My pride was the worse damage. I gathered Grace and we headed to the field.
Foolishly I thought we could continue the walk but the kids both saw a lot of blood dripping from my wounds. Note to self, bring a first aid kit!
We made it back home and both kids were attentive to me all the way. I felt so much love that the injury was a secondary thing.
Grace got me into the bathroom. Wayne found the huge band-aids and first aid cream. Grace was not about to have anyone putting on my band-aid. Wayne tried but she told him in so many words or less that she has it under control. Both knees received huge band-aids after soap and ointment. Then Grace kissed each one and asked if it felt better. Of course it did!
Hunter came up to me and asked if I was okay and Grace told him what she did. "Great job, Gracie, I'm proud of you!" was his answer.
Another sign of getting old...the love of your grandchildren...love that sign!!
Ok, I now need to wrap you in bubble wrap too. Maybe we should get you and dad one of those call buttons in case you fall down. Just kidding, but no more falls, that I am serious about. :)
ReplyDelete