Wow, I haven't written anything since Memorial Day! A lot has happened, some good, some bad. Long story short, I have been preoccupied with family matters. Let's leave it at that. It has consumed me the past months. It is still going on but progress has been made--we've come a long way.
 |
| Helping Mom with moving |
 |
| Hunter wasn't into helping so we let him do his thing |

Alison and the kids are living in Canby! PTL on that! Having them here has taken a lot of my stress away! Knowing that she is nearby and I don't have to drive miles to help her if she needs me is a blessing. The house is an answer to prayer, I prayed long and hard and so did others and He heard. It is in a safe location, has four bedrooms and a backyard for Misha. It is perfect for them now and will be a good start over.
I have fought with myself every now and then to not put my foot in my mouth in this situation. I tend to want to take over a situation and fix it. I have learned my lesson from the last time and things are going better.
Moving Alison and the kids showed us just how old we are but it showed us that we aren't dead yet too! It felt good to be of assistance. The Costco bottle of Aleve helped too! And the Ben Gay.
Leslea came and visited us this summer. The kids loved it! We only had three days but we jam packed those days and had a lot of great memories. They both love their Aunt Leslea and she loves them to pieces. Next time she comes, Bob will be with her and it will be at Christmas--we are definitely looking forward to that!



Speaking of Christmas, I forgot to put away the Santa suit. My bad. Of course, Miss Grace stumbled upon it when she walked into the closet were it hung. "Why is Santa's clothes here?" she asked with her hands on her hips. BUSTED! I had to think fast and my reply was, "Well, Gramps wasn't good this year and Santa is making him clean his clothes!" After they left, that suit was quickly whisked into a box and put away. Yes, Grace checked the next day to see if it was there.
I won a year family membership at OMSI at General Canby Days! We packed up the kids and went. They LOVED it! Looks like we will be going again often! Hunter was so into the science exhibits and was reading everything to understand everything.
A lot more happened, these are the highlights....I need to make it a priority to blog! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment