Thursday, August 22, 2013

My Little Helpers

Yesterday, we babysat the kids here.  I am so thankful that Wayne is here to help!  My back was still hurting but the kids were great!  I explained to them that Nana was hurting and can't pick up stuff on the floor.  Grace was the best at helping!  I would ask her to pick up this or that for me and she was quick to be there.  She told me that anytime I needed her that she would be there, she even kissed my back to make it feel better.  Hunter was good about it too! He would come up to me and hug and kiss me. They both let Gramps get things for them instead of me.

Hunter and Gramps were in the backyard building birdhouses.  Hunter was so happy and excited to use Gramp's tools and help out! Grace told me about a learning program that they watch so, I signed up for it and she was happy to watch it and play with Legos.




When the birdhouses were to a point that they couldn't do anymore, both kids played Legos.  As soon as we started watching MythBusters, Hunter stopped and attentive to what was going on on the show. Usually when shows like this and How It's Made really spark his interest and he stops whatever he is doing and watches.  He asks a lot of questions and you can see him soaking up all the knowledge. Often he is sitting on the arm of the Wayne's recliner happily leaning against Gramps asking all sorts of questions and Wayne patiently answering each one.  Those moments I cherish and so does Wayne!

I spent most of the day with my "warmmie" on my back.  It is getting better.

Today, I thought a walk was in order...key word here "thought".  Wayne, Misha and I set off this morning.  I made a quarter of a mile.  Fortunately, Wayne had Misha--she was pulling and I know that would have hurt. I succumbed to the pain and walked back without Wayne and Misha, found a heat patch and put it on my back and took an Aleve.

So, looks like a low key day, though I did make some pico de gallo (salsa) using tomatoes from my garden. I lasted just through cutting the tomatoes when Wayne had to take over.

So I sit here with my "warmmie" typing away for a little bit.  I hate being immobile!

No comments:

Post a Comment