Finally, I got time to sit and blog. It has been crazy and stressful the past weeks. A lot of changes going on. Too much to write about now. I have accepted what is going on and will continue to be support for Alison and the grandchildren. It is the best I can do.
We still have the legal thing to do on April 22. We got a reprieve from it since it had to be postponed. I am praying that everything will be settled on that day or before. If not court is in June.
Wayne is continuing to help at Hunter's Kindergarten class. He doesn't help Hunter much since Hunter is at a higher level but he helps those struggling. It has been the best therapy for him. He beams when we go to the store and a little one in his class runs up to him and hugs him and says, "Hi! Gramps!"
Wayne is also volunteering at the college in drafting. No pay but he does get to keep up to date on the software he has been trained on. That is a great exchange and he is needed which is good for his self esteem.
His unemployment just got cut back due to the government sequestration. The whole thing ends in July, oh well, that is why we have savings for this kind of event.
Today I have the kids. Wayne is tutoring at the college and we have Isaac, Hunter's new best friend right now, with us. They are both in the same Kindergarten class. Isaac has been awesome with Hunter! They both play wii together. It has been great seeing Hunter lose--yes, lose! It used to be that when he lost, crying and a meltdown occurred but now--he smiles, congratulates Isaac and moves on. They both share "tricks of the trade". They cheer each other on. Isaac is one of the best behaved kids in their class and I am glad that he is Hunter's friend during this time.
Grace usually sits and colors and cheers them on. Isaac makes her laugh, so, he is OK in her book! When it is nice outside, we usually walk up to the park and take Isaac too. They have the best time the three of them!
No comments:
Post a Comment