Monday, April 1, 2013

Pre-Easter Egg Hunt

Grace in her Easter outfit.

Easter had a little rocky start on Friday at the Hope Village Egg Hunt.  We got the kids to the hunt in plenty of time.  I was with Grace and Wayne was with Hunter.  Grace was in the 3-5 year olds and Hunter with the 6-8 year olds.  The coordinator told everyone the rules.  One of them was that when you are done, put the eggs into the containers and keep the candy.  Unfortunately, Grace started doing that right after the whistle blew for all her age group to get the eggs.  I saw what she was doing, opening the egg and putting the candy into her bag while dropping the plastic egg and came to her rescue, unfortunately too late.  I broke rule number one--I went into the field where kids only are allowed.  Trust me, I would do it again to help my granddaughter when she was standing there crying.  Grace only got two eggs.

Hoping for better, we went over to see if Hunter did better.  Hunter at first grabbed a bunch of eggs but when he reached for his bag, a bunch of kids grabbed the ones that he had.  He ended up with only four eggs.

Gracie was devastated and Hunter was upset because it wasn't fair.  After telling them that there were three more egg hunts on Sunday, they calmed down.  Lessons learned, we will be prepared next time!



No comments:

Post a Comment