Monday, April 22, 2013

Whom Shall I Fear?

Today was our deposition.  Yesterday, we had two wonderful pray warriors pray for us.  Thanks Ken and Carolyn!  Words can't express my gratitude!

In the morning, I read through my "Prayer Circle Journal" that I have been keeping for two months.  It is full of prayers and verses--mostly from Psalms.  When I started this journal, I never thought that I would go through it a couple of months later and receive such comfort from the LORD.  The verses are so appropriate now. 

My fear and stress left for a short while but returned when we drove to Wayne's ex wife's lawyer's office.  Of course we got lost--darn Mapquest, I knew I should have turned on my GPS!  We arrived with a little time left for waiting, so, I turned on the radio.  I have it on a Christain station and I was so encouraged by the song that just started playing!  I could see that Wayne was listening to the lyrics as well.

The song is "Whom Shall I Fear (God of Angel Armies)

You hear me when I call
You are my morning song
Though darkness fills the night
It cannot hide the light

Whom shall I fear?

You crush the enemy
Underneath my feet
You are my Sword and Shield
Though trouble lingers still

Whom shall I fear?

I know Who goes before me
I know Who stands behind
The God of angel armies
Is always on my side
The One who reigns forever
He is a Friend of mine
The God of angel armies
Is always by my side


My strength is in Your name
For You alone can save
You will deliver me
Yours is the victory


Whom shall I fear?

And nothing formed against me shall stand
You hold the whole world in Your hands
I’m holding onto Your promises
You are faithful
The God of angel armies is always by my side


I was ready now, we are not alone. Prayers cover us, we can get through this. He doesn't promise easy paths, He promises to be there through all times and especially the difficult times!

The disposition went well.  We still may go to court.  I am praying that we won't have to and settle out of court.We got into our car to leave.  If the song before wasn't enough to show He is there, when we turned on the radio, this song played:

"Our God"
Water You turned into wine
Opened the eyes of the blind
There's no one like You
None like You

Into the darkness You shine
Out of the ashes we rise
There's no one like You
None like You

Our God is greater
Our God is stronger
God, You are higher than any other

Our God is healer
Awesome in power
Our God, our God

And if our God is for us
Than who can ever stop us
And if our God is with us
Than what can stand against


Once again, I am humbled knowing that He is there always.  He is faithful even when we are faith-less.




No comments:

Post a Comment