Sunday, January 19, 2014

Fingerpainting 101

It seems every day I do housework and more housework! No matter how hard I try, there is more to do.  So, today, I decided to ignore the messes here and there--they will be there later anyways. I focused on what I have been preparing to do for the past week.

I purposed this year to spend more time on my art.  One thing I have wanted to do is an art journal.  This kind of journal is like the by product of art and scrap-booking on steroids.  It is different but for me will be an oasis of peace.  A time just to let go and create on paper doodles, pieces of memorabilia, writing and more.

I bought some books on the subject and also rented a DVD on it.  I hit a block--the white paper block and actually, the DVD addressed that first.  The recommendation was to finger-paint.  The artist did several pages with various colors for background to have on hand when inspiration hits.

Today, I stared at my blank book, picked up some of my craft paints, squirted a couple or three colors on the page and went back to Kindergarten.  I have to admit that it was fun and stress releasing too!  My fingers went everywhere on the page with different patterns and texture....no paint brush!  I was actually pleased with the results. On some areas, I used an expired Barnes & Noble card and scraped the paint.

Fun!  Now I am not so intimidated!  I am looking forward to making my first journal page!



No comments:

Post a Comment