For the last part of 2013, I caught the stomach flu. Mind you, I didn't enjoy it one bit! We thought it was food poisoning but not all the signs were there. I don't recall being so sick before in my life. My poor body was trying to recuperate from surgery and then to get hit with this!
Now it is New Year's Day and I still feel puny but at least I am not puking. I feel so weakened and pray for healing. Normally, I sit down and do my Resolutions list but today is not the day to do it. No energy.
Tomorrow, I am hoping for better. I went out to the car and slipped--more like struggled into the driver's seat to see if I was capable of reaching the floor pedal. Success happened but I had to navigate onto the console and the front passenger seat to get in and out. So, tomorrow--road trip! Wayne has to work and I plan to go to Fred Meyers for some shorts for physical therapy. I have one set that actually fits me with this brace.
I praise the LORD that soon I will be walking again and feeling better again. I miss seeing Hunter and Grace but maybe tomorrow they will come by. Wayne has been the best husband ever through all of this--love that man! He shows signs of tiredness. He does housework in stages and that is OK, I can't right now without a long rest between even the smallest task.
One thing the LORD has taught me is to rest. I guess my body needs it. I have my short "To Do List" and once that is done, I am done. I rest in Wayne's chair with my feet up and I just veg. Time for rest.
I will compile my list for New Years but it will have to wait. I love what Alison did for hers. She listed two things and then a wish. I think I am going to try to simplify this year and do that too.
For now, I rest.
No comments:
Post a Comment