Sunday, January 5, 2014

My Angel


This is my Christmas present from my dear friend and spiritual mom, Carolyn.  In our TOPS group, she drew my name and I drew hers.  My present for her was a mother's journal to write in while she is recovering next week from heart valve surgery.  I am sure she has many stories to put into that journal.

When I opened her gift, I loved it from the moment I saw it.  The different glazes reminded me of sculpture that I did years ago.  Her wings are a red oxiode stain I have used on many pieces, even one angel that I sculpted from a picture of a headstone in my grandparents' final resting place.

The hair actually reminds me of my true color--yes, I am a redhead.  The dress is a glaze I used with some of my pottery.  I wasn't that good with throwing, so most of them became recycled.

What a wonderful gift full of memories.  When I look at my angel, I think of Carolyn.  She is a true blessing in my life!  She daily holds up Wayne, Alison, Leslea, Bob, my mom, brother and sister up to the LORD in prayer.  Carolyn is very humble, not wanting the attention on her and I love that about her.  Her friendship and prayers are such a blessing--beyond what she can imagine!

So, my angel sits on the console and I look at her often, appreciating the one who gave me her as well as a reminder of a love of sculpting.  I guess I will have to put on my to do list to get back to sculpting!

No comments:

Post a Comment