Sunday, January 5, 2014

Trust

I have been reading the devotional "Jesus Calling".  On January 4, the devotion was about learning a new habit.....try saying "I trust You, Jesus" in response to whatever happens.  This simple practice will help one see Him in every situation thereby acknowledging His sovereignty in every situation. One receives blessings knowing that they come from His Hand of Grace. Trusting Him will strengthen my relationship with Him and keep Him close to me.

THAT is what I want!  So my mantra in every situation is "I trust You, Jesus!"  I have done this in the last 24 hours and I feel peace and blessings.  Yes, there are things in my life and those I love that I can't control but He can--He knows best and this has been such an empowerment to me.  I am at peace when I say those words, "I trust You Jesus!"

I wanted to address my lack of healthy eating, a recurring resolution that has collected dust on every New Year's resolution.  Setting myself up for failure is not something I want to do but unfortunately it happens.

I bought the book, "Made to Crave".  It isn't a diet but a Bible study that shows you how to satisfy your deepest desire with God, not food.  It is a totally different perspective. It is an honest Biblical approach to craving food (in my case, sugar and fat).

I discovered that the thing that I thought about, ran to, took comfort in, found refuge in was food more than it was Jesus.  Not good. According to the book, we are made to crave, desire, want greatly, one thing and one thing only: God not food.  It is ok to consume what we think about but the danger is in when what we think about can consume us if we are not careful.

Again when the craving for sweets or fats, I say to myself "I trust You, Jesus" and the craving slows down and I focus on trusting Him.  I then pick a healthier choice.

So, no New Year's  resolution because I don't believe in them anymore.  I will trust in You, Jesus.....You won't let me down!


No comments:

Post a Comment