Friday, January 3, 2014

Happy! Happy! Happy!

Today, I went in to get my stitches out and received a big surprise!  The doctor said that I don't have to wear my brace anymore!! SWEET!  He was pleased with my progress and even said I don't need physical therapy but told me if I feel I do need the PT to call and he would arrange it.  If I need it, I will do that, otherwise, I won't spend the money.

It felt great walking without the brace.  Granted I walk slowly and still stiffly....but PTL, I walk!  For that I am grateful.  We went to Costco and I did pace myself but even so, I got home beat and put my leg up.  I put ice on it, rested a bit and then did some house work.  Amazing how good it feels!  I still have to use the cane here and there but I am supposed to wean myself off of that.  It is also great to sit and not have to keep my leg straight.

Top pictures=left outside of my knee, Bottom=right inside of my knee.
My future: Partial Knee Replacement
My doctor reviewed my pictures he took in my knee.  The amazing pictures were of my knee from the left side to the right side.  The left  outside is healthy bone-no issues (top pictures)....but the right inside (bottom pictures) is full of arthritis!  It is his opinion that in the near future a partial knee replacement is in order.  Sigh, I guess I will have to store my brace well to bring it out when that happens but for now.....happy dance on one leg and a cane!


No comments:

Post a Comment