Today, I drove to Fred Meyers! Not as easy as it sounds with my brace but I worked out a system of getting in and out of the car. Granted I need a parking space that had no one parked on the driver side because I have to swing out the car door as far as it could go to get my leg with the brace out. Yes, tomorrow, I will be asking my doctor to sign the form for a temporary disability parking permit! I don't mind the walking but I have not so much luck finding the extra room to get out.
It was great to be on my own! However, I really tired but I pushed through. I had to go to the bank, Safeway and Club Fit (where I hope to do my PT). I was spent when I got back. I needed shorts for PT and now I see that I need some tights to go under my shorts. These are shorts similar to basketball players...I definitely do not meet fashion guidelines but what the heck, I am comfortable!
Tomorrow the stitches come out. We will be going to DMV (if my doctor signs off) and then Costco...well maybe on Costco. I have to accept that I have limitations and listen to my body on what I can do.
Sigh, I can't wait to divorce this brace and get back to working out and walking!
No comments:
Post a Comment