Sunday, February 16, 2014

Bibby Wings

Once in awhile, the LORD puts you in a situation were you have to be acknowledge what He has been trying to tell you for a lifetime. That moment happened a couple of days ago.

Grace was telling me about her PaPa. She was bragging about the "big muscles" he came back with from Canada.  She showed me her muscle in her arm and of course I showed her mine.  She examined it a bit and said, "Nana, you have too much skin!" referring to my old flappy arms while showing me her young smooth firm skin.

Now I have issues with acceptance with this "wonderful" genetic gift.  "Bibby Wings", I referred to them as since my Nana Bibby and Mom gave me them through genes.  Nana and Mom had wings too, they didn't mind them at all.  All my life I have hated these horrid things. I hid them at every opportunity.

When I was 118 lbs, I still had them--so unfair!  They firm up a bit when I exercise but not much--they are the same measurement flabby as well as muscle--I swear I was born with them as a babe!  In Art College, a student drew caricatures of all of us in the class.  I was horrified when he drew my skinny body with flabby arms. I tore up the drawing but the memory was burned in my mind.

In the past year, I have been attempting to come to terms with these arms.  Sigh, the picture still stays even when people tell me I have "average-sized" arms.  I couldn't shake it.

So, here is my precious Grace telling me this.  You would think I would be hurt or angry......but I wasn't.  I actually laughed.  Then she said, "You should ask Jesus for more muscle in your arms, Nana."

I was touched deeply on that and found myself saying, "You know, Grace, I think Jesus loves me just as I am and loves my arms this way too.  You know my Nana had arms like these and I loved her like no other even with her arms like that because she gave the best hugs!"  Yep, I got a hug on that .....not only from Grace but from Jesus, too.  I am at peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment