![]() |
| Singing "She's A Grand Ole Flag" |
Today was Grandparents Day at Hunter's school and it was fantastic! I made sure that Annie was invited and even offered to take over her daycare for awhile so that she could. She found a babysitter but unfortunately, the babysitter thought she wanted her there at 11:30. Things started at 10:30, unfortunately, she missed a lot. Next year we will plan ahead and hopefully have Lonnie come too!
Wayne was volunteering in a Kindergarten class so, I was in the class with Hunter for a few minutes and had the little guy to myself. His table had two kids who were by themselves, Allie and Hayden. I asked them if their grandparents would be coming. The answer was "No", from both of them. So, I volunteered to be their Nana. Hayden burst with a big smile and was so excited to share the things he was working on. Hunter was so good about sharing. Allie was a little shy and I found out it was her first day at school. Another grandma scooped her up and I was glad to see her one on one with her--I had my hands full with two boys.
The group of students sung "She's a Grand Ole Flag" and I was so proud of Hunter--he was the only one with his hand over his heart and his eyes closed. Mrs. Rogers, his Kindergarten teacher, taught him well!
Wayne came and I told him we adopted another grandson. So we went to get lunch and bring it back to the classroom So glad I didn't order a lunch--Oh My God--the gravy, potatoes and turkey were horrid looking! Hunter was much happier with the lunch his mom made. We saw a little Hispanic boy sitting by himself at a table and yes.....he became an adopted grandson which he was quite happy about. Antonio was part of our little family today too. Later I found out the the three of them are best of buddies. We ate and then went out to the playground. Hayden is going to be a basketball star--he is awesome at six years old!
Wayne went to get Grace and Morgan at preschool and it was the boys and me. Annie texted to let me know that she was in the library. Off to the library and the Book Sale. I told Annie about our adoptees and she was happy to be an adopted G'ma. So, the boys picked out books. Annie bought a couple of books for Antonio and Hunter and I bought a couple for Hayden. The boys were really happy to be like the rest of the kids in the library with their grandparents and to get gifts--better yet!

We loved doing it for them and it felt pretty good. I was glad that Annie was my partner in spreading a little joy. I bought a book for Grace about baby animals which was a life saver when she found out everyone got books.
Wayne and I thoroughly enjoyed our time with Hunter and the other "grandsons".
The class art work was hung in the halls. One of Hunter's was a drawing of the White House and another President Washington. One was an essay of "When I am 100" with his picture and a drawing of what he thinks he would look like when he is 100--looked an awful lot like Gramps :)The essay said:

"When I am 100 years old I'll be a millionaire and a fat person with no kids. I'll eat lots and lots of pizza. I'll work at my sister's animal shelter. I'll read lots and lots of books. I'll call my fake teeth Choppers".You gotta love what this little man comes up with!
And of course there was some silliness! Love to just be crazy and not care who sees you!




No comments:
Post a Comment