Monday, February 24, 2014

Hunter's Science Project-Grade 1


Hunter's science project for the 2014 Science Fair was about why California has more earthquakes than Oregon.  He picked out the subject.  Papa and him read the research but Hunter wrote the words to use on the board and in his research paper which I typed as he had them.


The instructions said that parents (and grandparents) would need to help 100%.  I asked other parents if they were going to type too--they all said yes.  In fact, most of them did it for their first grader and Kindergartner.  After six hours and teaming up with my super smart grandson on some words he wanted to use and pictures he wanted, my part was done.

All that was left was Hunter drawing the fault lines and other geographical features and Mama and him to put together the board.

Hunter was quite proud of it and I was grateful to be able to help.

Today, I dropped off Hunter and Wayne helped him take in his project.  I sat with Grace in the car and watched as so many kids and their parents/grandparents carted in the projects.

Learning Science is good, I just can't believe the requirements for Kindergarten and 1st Grade.  I spoke to a couple of parents and they said that their kids were not into it, so, the parents did it all.

Well, yes, I did a lot of typing for him but if you ask Hunter to explain his board and report--he can and with a lot of detail.  He knows his stuff!  He is way ahead of his class!  And I am one proud Nana!

No comments:

Post a Comment