My hippie days are returning! I have been meaning to make some homemade granola and yesterday I did. It was yummo! I put in dried cherries, Scottish oats, peanuts, pumpkin seeds, ground flax, chia seeds, and some carob chips. Wow, it was wonderful! To prevent me from overdoing since Wayne didn't want any of this healthy treat, I portioned out into snack bags.I love homemade potato chips with little or no oil, some salt, microwaved crisp--better than Lay's Potato Chips and healthier!
I am really trying to get away from processed foods and can't wait to try something else. Another thing I have done is to try once a week one of my Pinterest recipes. I have several pinned.
My biggest challenge lately is fast food--primarily McDonalds. My car knows the drive thru only too well. My Grace loves to share an Egg McGriddle with me (and lately Misha) which is good then there is little for me.
So, I put together a jar. Hunter decorated it with hearts since the focus is on my cholesterol getting down. McDonalds has not helped with my levels. Every day that I don't go to any fast food and regular restaurant, I place a one dollar bill in it. I have $11 so far! My goal is to get enough to treat myself to a massage at Massage Envy. A massage is something that I would never buy for me. I had one done years ago and loved it so much but it is a luxury and there are more important things that need my money, so it was the perfect goal for me. Hopefully, I will be able to do it by my birthday!
No comments:
Post a Comment