![]() |
| My Mom (in white coat) and Aunt Lucy (blue coat) in UK. |
My heart is heavy, I feel like I am in a fog. This morning, my mom called to tell me that my favorite aunt, Aunt Lucy passed away in England at 6:30 am British time. I couldn't react much because I couldn't believe it. I was driving and somehow fumbled and put her on speaker. First, to see my mom's phone number on caller ID sets me in a panic. She never calls unless it is bad news. Since my mom, sister and brother are all in poor health, I feared the worst.
Mom was reflecting on my dad's death--he came home from the hospital on April 1 and died on the 5th twenty eight years ago. I was very concerned about her since she was so close to Lucy, her oldest sister. But I had to concentrate on getting Hunter and Wayne to school safely so I dealt with it.
When I got home, tears flowed. I walked for an hour and tried to find peace in the Christian music that was coming through my earphones. Memories of being with my dear aunt raced through my head.
My sister called while I was walking--I was glad she did. I asked her to stay close to Mom and she shared her concern about her too. I told her that Mom needs her. Truth is yes, Mom needs her but also, my sister needs something to do where she doesn't focus on her pain....just like me.
When I got home, I called Mom and talked longer. I told her that what I really wanted for my birthday is for her to visit us. She said she would and that made me feel better. I offered to pay her way. Mom is going to be 86 years old this year. She may live into her nineties but the odds of that happening with her health is not good. I am scared of losing her.
I loved my Aunt Lucy and will miss her greatly. She was an amazing woman and full of life. She visited me in Oregon and I went to visit her in England a couple of times. Loved her so much! The last couple of years dementia had it's toll on her. She wasn't the same. Now, she has entered Heaven's Gate and is before my LORD and Savior .... grief is temporary compared to the joy of knowing she is there.

No comments:
Post a Comment