Sunday, April 6, 2014

"Our Demon Radio"

The alarm didn't go off this morning; usually Wayne will wake up at 7 am and I get up after he brings me my tea--yes, I'm spoilt.  However, I woke and rolled over to ask Wayne what time it was.  He looked at our "Demon Radio" and said, "8:30"  I call it our "Demon Radio" because sometimes it has does strange things with the time, namely doing it's own Daylight Savings time several times a year.

There wasn't much time to make it to church and we didn't go unfortunately. I did my morning ritual of shower, wake up and check the computer for messages, etc.  Olivia waited patiently for me to finish my bowl of oatmeal.  Yes, her and I have our routine and it must not be messed with.  Olivia laid in her basket on my art table in my art room.  She knew I would spread out my Bible and study books and begin my morning time with the LORD.


Before I can start, she demands some attention but when I open my Bible, she retreats to her box where she watches and purrs for the rest of my quiet time.  I have been mostly faithful to this routine even when the kids are here.  Sometimes, Hunter is on my computer behind me.  He is respectful of my time and doesn't bother me until I am done--love that boy!  One time, Grace came in and asked me something--Hunter was quick to say, "Gracie, it's Nana's prayer time!"

Grace asked me one time why I need to do my Bible Study.  My reply was that it is important that I spend time with Jesus..  After that she has been good to leave me alone while I have this time. She even came in one time while I was praying.  My eyes were closed and I peaked out of them to see her looking patiently into my eyes, waiting for me to be done. I barely held back my feelings having this little one part of my prayers.  I am glad that I am showing them the importance of quiet time with the LORD and pray that they too will develop the routine.

Back to my "Demon Radio".  So, after my study and cleaning up a little, I happened to look at the clock on the microwave.  It read "8:45", so, I asked Wayne again what time was it when we woke up?  "8:30 am" his answer again.  I went into our bedroom and looked at the Demon Seed and sure enough, it read, "9:45 am".  Mystery solved, we got suckered again by this Devil Child. Sigh.  I think I am going to have to have a backup clock next to it for the next event and yes, there will be another event.  I could have sworn I heard a snicker from that radio.







No comments:

Post a Comment