Friday, April 4, 2014

Rock Daphne


In memory of my Aunt Lucy, I planted a rock daphne surrounded by metal tulips.  I do this in honor of those I loved dearly who have passed away.  I placed it in front of the honeysuckle that I planted when her son, Mark, my cousin was murdered in Angola several years ago.

It was overcast as I planted the Daphne but as soon as it was planted, the sun shone.  I do believe Auntie Lucy approves of the plant.  I can hear her say, "Lovely!"

I don't know why I selected this plant.  It just appealed to me on my search.  There were other daphnes there in bloom.  This one has a lot of buds and will soon have a lot of fragrant flowers.

The last daphne I planted was at my previous house.  I got it in honor of my Dad when he entered Heaven.  Unfortunately, when I moved out of the house, I forgot to dig it up.  I was so upset but when I moved into my new house but I received a wonderful blessing.  There by the front door blooming and fragrant was a daphne fully grown!  I hadn't noticed it since it hadn't bloomed before I moved in.  I may have forgotten but the LORD didn't.  Now when this one blooms, I think of my Dad in heaven and how the LORD provided.


No comments:

Post a Comment