![]() |
| Grace's box for Nana's house |
Every year, the grandkids and I make a "leprechaun trap" and this year is no exception! Grace made two. One for my house and one for hers. She wanted to make sure that she had both covered. She took pride in decorating it and putting in it sparkly things, yarn (for the leprechaun to play with), some gold (a gold medal from Special Olympics) and other little trinkets to lure the leprechaun into the box.
Grace said that she thought her leprechaun was a girl named "Sparkles" and maybe her twin sister, "Glitter" was mine. So, I of course used my imagination to make it fun. After we made the traps, the next day I went over to her house and left a "message from Sparkles".
I decorated Sparkles' note with glitter and twirls and green shamrocks. The day after that, the kids came to my house. Grace was excited to tell me she got a letter from Sparkles! It had glitter all over and she really liked Sparkles' handwriting because "it looks like yours, Nana!"
I told Grace I got a letter from Glitter and that Glitter said that she would come the Saturday before St. Pat's Day to see if we could catch her. We always have the kids spend the night that Saturday.

Saturday night, both Hunter and Grace secured the trap. Though I think that Hunter is onto it now that he is older. The next morning, bright and early, Grace got up to check the trap, Hunter slept.
She was thrilled to see a note from Glitter....and some treats!!
After Sparkles visited her on St. Pat's Day, she wanted to write a note for them. I helped her on the spelling and she decorated with hearts--this little gal loved the gifts left behind. You see, it is our tradition that if the leprechaun gets caught, in order to get free, she has to leave gifts behind. Love these traditions!



No comments:
Post a Comment