![]() |
| Patty and Kathy |
Today, I had lunch and Goodwill shopping with Patty and Kathy. We have done this for years and I do enjoy their company. Though this time, Kathy's memory is going and has been driving me crazy. She has called twice each day for the past week asking when and where we are going and if she needs money. I need to be more patient. She is older and I know that the LORD will take her in the coming years. So, I need a new attitude to take over.
We went to Sweet Tomatoes--and it is always my treat! I had extra coupons and gave them to a family just down from Alaska who appreciated it with their family of five.
Patty gave me quite a scare midway through our lunch. She choked on some food, spit up a little and I thought she was okay but later she said her neck hurt and was in tears. I took her to the bathroom since it sounded like she wanted to throw up and not at the table. She could talk so, I didn't think it was life threatening but still I was concerned. Kathy had gotten up earlier to get more food, so, I grabbed our purses and helped Patty to the bathroom.
I went into the stall with her. I was seconds away from doing the Heimlich on her. She struggled but finally ended up coughing up one of those fried Chinese noodles she had on her salad. It was a good sized one and probably got stuck in her throat. Poor girl. She turned to me and said, "Yep, I feel better now, Dena."
We went back to our table to see it was cleared and Kathy was just sitting down. That's when I noticed that my phone was missing! I scrambled into my purse to find it with no luck. I had been so concerned about Patty, I totally spaced on my cell phone. One of the girls who works there was helping me find it when I discovered it in the bottom of my purse. Yes, I felt like a fool but I was grateful to find it.
Okay, two stress events within ten minutes, I had to do the only thing I could do. I went and got the fudge brownie and frozen yogurt AND the lemon mudslide for comfort! Not good but I was good earlier and I did feel better after and...I walked a lot at Goodwill to help the extra calorie load.
Okay, LORD, the new attitude is coming along well...whoa, what a day!

No comments:
Post a Comment