This morning between the raindrops; I decided to ride my bike up to Alison's and Larry's new home. It is approximately .75 miles one way. Alison was in the midst of finding items in her unpacked boxes. Hunter wanted to come with me on my bike ride and I was happy to oblige!
We rode down to Baker Prairie and went on the logging road, down 13th and back to his house. I had to stop him several times since he was doing sprints. He is a boy after all and was very patient with my slow speed....well, I am not too slow. He gave me one heck of a workout.
My plans were to go swimming today as well. However, I had enough of a workout with Hunter. I dropped him off and was thankful that I could slow down to my normal speed.
I have "Map My Ride" on my phone which tracks how far I go, speed, etc. I did 3.13 miles for 43.15 minutes at 4.6 mph and burned 273 calories. Not bad for post knee surgery! Looks like I will have to bike with Hunter more--at least once a week to get an intense workout!

No comments:
Post a Comment