I found this on
FaceBook and its timing is perfect:
"I’ve realized that trying to figure out
why God allows certain things to happen is a bit like chasing the wind and
trying to turn it into something visible. It’s a chase that will simply wear
you out, to very little avail.”
Maybe we shouldn’t be asking “why?” but “what now?” "What now?" is just a much better question to ask. If we make the choice to let it lead us from our hurt to positive changes, it will! God will.
Continuing to ask “why” will leave us stuck and frustrated. And really, even if God gave us the answer to our why question, it probably would never satisfy us. We would probably weigh out God’s reasons against our hurt and still be hurt.
Our human perspectives simply can’t process God’s multi-dimensional, eternal reasons”. - Lysa TerKeurst
Isaiah 55:8-9 confirms this, “'For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are you ways my ways,' declares the Lord. 'As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts.'”
Maybe we shouldn’t be asking “why?” but “what now?” "What now?" is just a much better question to ask. If we make the choice to let it lead us from our hurt to positive changes, it will! God will.
Continuing to ask “why” will leave us stuck and frustrated. And really, even if God gave us the answer to our why question, it probably would never satisfy us. We would probably weigh out God’s reasons against our hurt and still be hurt.
Our human perspectives simply can’t process God’s multi-dimensional, eternal reasons”. - Lysa TerKeurst
Isaiah 55:8-9 confirms this, “'For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are you ways my ways,' declares the Lord. 'As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts.'”
Jeannie, my best friend (and not a believer) from work keeps asking me “Why
does God allow …” I have the same answer,
“I don’t know, I just know that the LORD is there.” I like Lysa’s explanation and will share it
when I see Jeannie. Hopefully, it will
be the answer she seeks.
What now? I have learned that life is precious and finite. The moment is here to treasure. Spending time with loved ones is a precious investment of a lifetime.
With Melissa’s death so young, it is easy to ask, “Why, LORD?” And yes, in the past days, I have asked. He is quiet. Instead of an answer, He wraps His love
around me and comforts me. It is enough, He is enough--He is my Strength, my Helper, my Trust.
No comments:
Post a Comment