Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Is 2014 Over Yet?

I don't even know where to begin.  Last week, Leslea visited from Utah for Christmas. Just before that I was still shell shocked about Melissa passing away.

Sunday, we were on our way to exchange a gift I got for Grace when Larry called. He had been in an accident with my truck. We had lent him the truck to move some last minute things from the old house to the new.

Praise God, he wasn't hurt badly.  As the officer said, a milli-second more and he would have been t-boned and in pretty bad shape.  The other driver ran a stop light and ran into the front driver side of my truck.  Larry had a slight concussion and went to the emergency room with his parents while Alison took care of a couple of things (then she went to the ER). Leslea took care of the kids while we sorted things out with the other driver, the police, the witnesses and the towing company.

Mega stress!  I never had to deal with this before but managed.  My knee was swollen and hurting during the whole ordeal.

So, the last couple of days, I have had to deal with the insurance company and the rental company.  It will cost me $500 (my deductible) but I should be getting that back since my insurance is going after the other guy's insurance--I pray it is a legit insurance!

Friday, I worked out at the gym as I always do and felt a stabbing pain in my calf. Figuring that I strained it, I stretched it out.  It felt good enough to go on a 2+ mile bike ride. Unfortunately, that night, pains started shooting down my leg from my knee to my calf.  It was on and off so I tolerated it until Monday. I called my surgeon and fortunately, they got me in.

When I came through the hospital doors, my knee locked, the pain returned and didn't leave.  I barely got into a wheelchair. I never cry in public but I was then and apologizing constantly.

I saw my surgeon who was surprised as I was as to what was going on.  I had to get x-rays done and a MRI. Both put me in extraordinary pain just getting onto the tables.  The x-ray technician had to practically carry me.

The x-rays didn't show anything but Dr. Tella could feel something in the big lump on the side of my knee. He suspected either a free floater or torn meniscus--either one would mean bio-scopic surgery.  I had to wait 4 hours for a MRI but there was no way I was leaving my wheelchair.

I have a deeper appreciation of handicap accessible bathrooms. I managed to get in one and out with the LORD's help--I don't think He minded me praying in a stall while I attempted to do my thing.

Today, my knee is behaving which makes me think it is a "free floater" and the critter has found a home in my knee where it is happy for now.

Wayne dropped off Leslea at the airport and soon after I received a call from her saying the TSA had taken most of her things due to a "powder" that showed up from a broken bowl in her luggage.  Fortunately, that was all resolved later. She didn't get all her stuff back but what she didn't can be replaced.

We picked up our vehicle yesterday from the rental place.  Not a car but a huge truck--a gas guzzler.  Sigh, looks like we won't use it that much.  I'm just praying that nothing happens to that truck--we are responsible for up to $500 of any damage no matter how small.

Then, today I met with my doctor about a couple of moles.  Sure enough, they are precancerous and he wants me to have them removed by a specialist.

If that wasn't enough, Leslea just called and said Bob and her are done!

All this stress--what do I do???  Hit the sugar of course!  Well, I got pretty sick this afternoon and have decided it is time to divorce my love of sugar.  More stress I know in trying to quit cold turkey but it needs to be done.  I have come to this conclusion three times in the past four days.

I pray 2015 is going to be alot less stressful!


No comments:

Post a Comment