Seems every year, I find more pounds on me. Every year, a new diet. I'm tired of it. This year, I am going to be more aware of what I eat. I want to break my relationship with sugar. I don't like how I feel minutes after a "sugar splurge".
I am getting older and face it, I don't have the figure I had in my twenties. That is unattainable and right now not what I need to focus on. In the past year, I had three cancer scares and two surgeries. I am older and health is the prize that will benefit me. By taking care of my sugar addiction, my health will improve.
Another area I want to work on is exercise. I love swimming, biking, walking, working out at the gym, and hiking. Wayne and I are working on doing a 5K Volkswalk then back into 10Ks by summer.
I have had a small setback with my knee again but hopefully that will be fixed soon. 2015 will be the year we get back into Volkswalking. I love walking with my best friend on the various walks while spending quality time together.
I have apps for walking, biking, fitness and a swim watch to track my progress. My goal is 30-60 minutes a day with one day a week for rest. I love computerized tracking (part of an aging geek attitude).
![]() |
| One of Grace's pages |
Yesterday, I scanned all of Hunter's drawings and writings and Grace's drawings that I have collected through the years. I am putting them into a book for each child with their picture on some of the pages. I'm not giving it to them but holding onto them to give to them when they start a family.
Another year with a couple of areas to focus on: health and art. I think I can handle that!

No comments:
Post a Comment