Saturday, December 20, 2014

Bittersweet Saturday

"Bittersweet" describes this rainy Saturday.  In California, the funeral for Melissa is happening.  It is a full military honor funeral with 20 gun salute and all.  Melissa was serving in the Air Force when she contracted cancer.

My heart goes out to her family there. Here in Canby this is the day that Alison, Larry and the grandchildren move into their new home.  It is a beautiful house and they love it!  I am so glad that they found the house of their dreams.

We helped for a short while at the old house moving things but it was clear, we were useless.  Both Wayne and can't lift much so, after I got all the pictures off the walls; I determined we would be more help if we just took the kids to our house and watched them.

We watched "Teenage Ninja Turtles" while eating Burgerville fish and chips.  I don't need the junk food.  However, we were both exhausted so, it was the best choice of the moment.

Sadness and joy in one day.  What a combination.  However, when I focus on Him, He shows me a different perspective.  Both events are similar. Both Melissa and Alison enter their new homes.  Melissa in her new dwelling in Heaven; Alison in her earthly dwelling here.

My Bible scripture this morning was Psalm 28:7, "The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in Him, and I am helped."  He has helped me once again to see through His eyes not mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment